Specialist fostering 

Specialist fostering

Parent and child

Parent and child placements are a specialist type of fostering where a young parent, usually a parent and child, comes to stay with you.

This enables a parent and child to be placed together where there are concerns about the parent’s ability to care safely for the child or where a parent might need a high level of parenting support and guidance. 

Your role will be to both help and mentor the parent; and also assist on a practical level with the baby. If you feel this could be for you, fill in our online form or call us on 0800 009 3084

Resilience Fostering

Resilience fostering is another one of our specialist schemes. Resilience foster carers are carers who provide long-term family based placements to children aged between 10-18 years old who have more complex needs. These placements require a higher than usual level of support as they may be difficult to place as they are either vulnerable or have complex behaviour.

Foster carers who provide these short and long-term placements are provided with generous payments to recognise their skill level. In addition, there is also a team of specialist support to assist them including educational specialists and psychologists.

If you think this could be you, you can download our brochure; call us on

0800 009 3084 or fill in our online form and we will contact you.

Shared care

Shared care is a scheme which provides care in a home environment for a child or young person with a disability.

Looking after a child or young person with a disability can be enormously rewarding and if you have a minimum of one weekend a month and time during school holidays, shared care could be for you.

Shared care foster carers are recruited and approved in the same way as any other foster carer and receive allowances, training and support through the Shared Care scheme in the same way. Any requirement for special equipment will be assessed as part of this process.

Supported Lodgings

Supported Lodgings is accommodation for Young People, aged over 16, who are Looked After by the local authority, or leaving the care of the local authority. This will include separated children seeking asylum.

Supported Lodgings carers will guide the young people through their transition to independent living. Supported Lodgings will offer a period of stability during which these young people can be helped to acquire the necessary skills, build up support networks in their local community and experiment safely with their increasing freedom and changing status while still having support from an interested adult.

If you would like to help a young BCP adult make that transition, give us a call on 01202 452768 and talk to one of our team.

If you would like to find out more and think this could be you, then simply either fill in our online form or call us on 0800 009 3084

Fostering Teams

Town Hall, Bourne Avenue, BH2 6DY
Civic Centre, Poole, BH15 2RU